Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

50 Ways to Live Life Consciously ~ Not my cup of tea


Book Review of 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously by Christine Agro



Publisher: Haldi Press
Release Date: Mar 3, 2012 (Kindle), Paperback March 30, 2012
Genre Non-Fiction Spiritual / Self Help  
 
Book Synopsis:

Does life seem complicated? Are you always trying to get to the next ‘something’? Are your relationships confusing and overwhelming? Christine Agro, Clairvoyant and Metaphysical Expert, shares her unique insight that will help you create a graceful, ease and flowing life. Christine’s information is so simple yet so powerful that you may actually feel yourself shifting as you read. With insight into the how, why and what-for of life, Christine helps you get off the mental and emotional wheels and helps you get your ego in check creating a natural balance with the one aspect of yourself that really does have all the answers, your Spirit. 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously is a treasure box that answers the question “why are we here” and offers 8 tools and 42 concepts to help you make the shift into conscious living.

Teaser:
In 50 Ways To Live Life Consciously, Metaphysical Expert Christine Agro offers the simplest, yet most life-changing answer to the question “Why Are We Here?”

Book Excerpt:

When we live unconsciously our life drives us. We find ourselves in places and experiencing things without knowing how or why we got to where we are. Instead of consciously choosing the how, the why and in what we experience life, it is our life that pulls us along. With conscious living we recognize that our life experiences hold the keys to what our life lessons are all about. With that we can make conscious choices about how our own life unfolds and each choice leads us further down our path of Spiritual evolution.

Our Spiritual evolution is why we are here in the first place: to learn, heal and grow as Spiritual beings. We have been taught that we are merely our physical bodies, that we are merely human beings and that our lives are all about what we do. But there is so much more to who we are and who we can be and so much more to living our lives.

Author Information:

Christine Agro is an internationally recognized Clairvoyant, Inspirational Teacher, Metaphysical Expert and author of 50 Ways To Live Life Consciously. (Haldi Press March 2012)

Using her unique approach that combines her clairvoyance and her degree in Naturopathy, Christine offers a truly holistic overview of health, wellness, well-being and our Spiritual journey. Praised by grateful women, parents, and celebrity clients across the globe for her intuitive and extraordinary gifts as a healer, she has been hailed as “magical”, “transformational” and “inspiring.”

Christine has been featured in The New York Times, and dubbed 'a gift to moms' by Real Savvy Moms an award winning website for the former PBS syndicated TV show. She has been interviewed on radio shows around the world, quoted in health and consumer magazines and e-zines nationwide. She has written for Gaiam Life, and contributed to Messages From Spirit by Colette Baron-Reid (Hay House 2008). 

Christine is the author of 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously, creator of the Conscious Living Wisdom Cards and the founder and leader of the membership site The Conscious Living Guide (www.theconsciouslivingguide.com). Through The Conscious Living Guide Christine provides a place for like-minded people to connect and offers on-going support to those wishing to live life consciously. Members can participate in weekly meditations, mini-audio courses and a monthly on-line Q&A session. 
  

Book Review:

Let me start by saying that this is not my typical type of book to review, however I do have some background which enables me to provide some specific insights into this book.  First:  I have a Master’s Degree in Social Work and have spent most of my adult like working in the social services field.  Before I went into social services I was the person that people told their problems to… even total strangers told me their problems.  Second:  I have been in counseling myself and currently suffer from fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis brought on by depression from work stress.   And lastly, I have been an English teacher and hold a credential to teach English (for evaluating the strength of the writing itself).

I will also share two caveats that may color my review, and did color my view of the book.  I am a born again Christian and hold to the ideals found in the Bible and I was a pre-medical student during my undergraduate studies.

Now you are asking why in the world I would tell you these thing?  Well, I found this a difficult book to review for the reasons listed above.  I like the concept of conscious living, making a choice to live in a certain way, to not blame the past or circumstances for your life and to make the decision to make your life better.  But on the other hand, I totally disagree with the basic tenets that the author bases the book on, including magic, clairvoyance, and reincarnation.

I have tried meditation, which is where much of the self-help in this book stems, and not found it beneficial.  However, on the other hand, I’m sure that many people do greatly benefit from meditation.

I think that there are good ideas that can be pulled from this book by anyone, of any background that can be used to improve your mental view of yourself.  On the other hand, it requires wading through a dry, almost clinically toned book for these few gems.

I feel like Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof, torn between two choices, and like Tevye I have to conclude that “no, No!  There is no other hand.”  While this book had a few gems, the overall tone was dry and impersonal.  My belief system was denied, and I felt I was told that all my problems would go away if I would just “think they were going away.”  This is not a book I would choose in a bookstore for help in living a more “conscious life.”   I felt like I had to buy more of her products and pay for one on one service to gain any insight or improvement.

Again, keep in mind what I mentioned in the first two paragraphs, but I truly did try to give this book the benefit of the doubt.  There was just too much stacked against it in my mind.  I gave this book 2 out of 5 clouds for the few gems I gleaned.


This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are entitled to your opinion. I make every attempt to remain objective when reviewing books. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and, as you can see, I have not removed your comment from my blog as you are welcome to your own views. Apparently, my review offended you in some manner and I am sorry if you were offended, but it is my opinion... and I am entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours.

      Delete